Sunday 7 September 2014

Iris leaf and petals

I hadn't touched the iris project for almost 6 months now :-( . So my little goal for this past week was to spend a couple of hours of my personal stitching time on this lovely project.
                                                     
The leaf is stitched with long and short stitch using five shades of green and a darker green is used to do the stem stitch veins.Did you notice the puckering of the fabric near the leaf? 
                                         
I think I had pulled a couple of stitches at the top and the fabric has puckered slightly (see the arrow) *sigh*. I do hope that it will go away while blocking..
This Iris is a RSN pattern stitched by Debra Barrett.

Happy stitching!
Anita.

7 comments:

deanna7trees said...

looks lovely. i'm sure that pucker will block out.

margaret said...

your stitching and shading is beautifully done, I am sure the pucker will press out

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching!! I don't have patience for that detailed long and short stitch. Looking forward to your progress on this project.

Anita said...

Thanks Preeti.I too don't have lots of patience ..I have to push myself to get things done :-)

JennyPennyPoppy said...

Your long short stitching looks beautiful and the iris is going to look amazing when it's finished. Hope the puckering will disappear when stretched and pressed.

jayashree said...

very neatly done :)

Wendy said...

Your stitching is always so beautiful...the shading is stunning as well...I love coming here and being inspired to stitch.